Saturday, August 30, 2008

Party of One

Last week, one day when we were closed, we got a call from our alarm company about 8:30 at night, saying our alarm was going off at the restaurant. My husband and I both went to the restaurant and everything was locked. Three hours later, the alarm company calls again and says the alarm is going off again. I'm already in bed and ask my husband to please check it out. He goes to the restaurant, enters through the back door, and sees someone in the dining room seated at the piano, with a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels on top of the piano. After being somewhat sure that the intruder is not packing, my husband walks over to him and says, "What the f* are you doing here?" The bum replies that he owns the place. My husband takes a picture of him with his cell phone and calls the police. After the police fill out their report, they hand the bottle of Jack back to my husband. He said he couldn't serve it and gave it back to the cops. Before they put the intruder in the police car, they sprayed him with disinfectant.
Gives a new meaning to Happy Hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still have that half bottle of Jack?